Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A sad neglected corner with cobwebs...

Time flies... things change and we see people come and go. I've been busy with work and I guess so are my dear friends. I've also spend considerable time fixing up my place to an ok condition and in doing so I've neglected quite a few of my friends; especially friends who stayed in the city.

Even though my workplace is fairly close to the city (gabba), I just couldn't find the time to try to arrange for a gathering/lunch/dinner of my favorite friends in the city.

Ok ok I admit I'm lazy, I promise to try my best to meet up with my city friends from now on since most of the house stuff is pretty much done.

I'm also pre-occupied with things happening in my personal life and taking things one step at a time. Sad to say, I've lost touch with quite a few of my dear friends and seriously I don't know what's happening in their life.

Alas! All is not lost! I do try to keep in touch with my 'housemate' once in a while and boy does he give me very shocking news!

Just learned that one of my city friends have skipped town for Perth! Well, I guess that's what happens when you're offered better perks from a rival company which your current company cannot match. Hopefully, opportunities will open for everyone of us?

Also learned another of them have put his plans into action and got his own place! Welcome to the mortgage club! :)

Sadly, it also seems like a few them are now making plans to either move on elsewhere or return to their roots. If that indeed comes true, the circle of friends will just keep shrinking... Hopefully, it wouldn't happen but that's life. Sometimes, we just have to move on and make a new start.

A new start... maybe I need one too?

No comments: